If you reside in the EEA, UK, or Switzerland, please refer here for additional information.
For California residents, please refer here to learn more about your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 ("CCPA").
This summary aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of certain aspects covered in our policy. TSARSI collects business contact and related information on individuals in their professional capacity, creating professional profiles used by businesses for B2B sales, marketing, and recruiting. You can opt out of our database, access your information, or update your profile through our Privacy Center. By remaining in our database, you may receive communications from our customers, although we cannot guarantee their relevance to your interests. By choosing to remain in our database, you may be contacted by our customers during their B2B sales, marketing, and recruiting activities. While these communications may be relevant to your profession or employment role, we cannot guarantee their personal relevance or interest to you. We encourage you to explore the Privacy Center and contact us directly for further information.Visit the Privacy Center or contact us directly for more information.
How we collect information
Once we have collected Business Information about a person or company submited via our Website and other Marketing efforts, TSARSI creates Professional Profiles and Business Profiles, combining multiple data points about individuals and companies. These profiles form the Directory, accessible to users of the Site, as well as our customers and strategic partners. Professional Profiles include information such as name, email address (including business and other email addresses), job title, phone numbers, company details, employment history, and education history. Business Profiles may also feature links to articles and social media profiles.
Customer Information Collected.
TSARSI may collect various types of Customer Information from its customers, including:
User Information: Personal contact information of users who access and use the Services.
Uploaded Information: Information that users upload or provide to our system while using the Services.
Usage Logs: Logs and records of user activities on the Site and Services, including login details, timestamps, IP addresses, and other usage data.
Related Information: Any additional information from or relating to users of our Services.
This collective information is referred to as Customer Information.
In some cases, certain users may access the Site through a company's license agreement, where the company may require global rights to access all information related to users under their TSARSI account. If you have questions or concerns about the rights of other individuals in your company to access your information, please reach out to your company for further clarification.
Use of Customer Information.
TSARSI may utilize Customer Information for legitimate business interests related to customer usage of the Site. This includes responding to inquiries, fulfilling user requests, completing transactions, providing customer service, sending administrative information, marketing & communication purposes and personalizing the user experience. We may also utilize Customer Information to gain insights into user behavior, test and enhance our Services and Site, and to contact customers or users regarding services, promotions, opportunities, and general information about TSARSI. Additionally, we may use Customer Information to investigate and address potential security breaches or violations of license agreements.
We maintain strict confidentiality of Customer Information and do not disclose it to third parties unless it aligns with the purposes outlined in this Policy. Such disclosures may occur in connection with a legitimate use, a legal dispute, compliance with legal processes, response to valid data subject requests, or as required by law. When disclosing Customer Information to service providers, we endeavor to obtain confidentiality agreements and ensure that appropriate technological security measures are employed.
While we employ reasonable security measures and backups to safeguard Customer Information, TSARSI cannot be held responsible for any loss or corruption of such information. We encourage users to retain copies of Uploaded Information on their own systems.
TSARSI collects information
When visitors access our Site, they have the option to provide their name, email address, phone number, and other information. This can occur when they seek more information about our Services, register for a TSARSI-sponsored event, participate in a survey, contest, sweepstakes, or apply for job positions. By accessing, using, and/or submitting information through the Site, including filling out forms, users of the Site indicate their consent to the practices described in this Policy regarding the collected information. If you do not agree with this Policy, we advise against submitting any information through our Site. In such cases, it is recommended to delete all cookies from your browser cache after visiting the Site and refrain from further visits or usage.
Use of Our Services
In order to access certain TSARSI Services, users may need to register. Occasionally, we may use a user's email address to provide information about our products and services. Users have the opportunity to opt out of receiving such emails. We may also communicate with users regarding their usage of our Services or Site, including updates to this Policy. When completing surveys related to the use of Comparably, users may have the option to provide additional information such as age, gender, education, employment history, job titles, salary, years of experience, and benefit information. For a more comprehensive understanding of how we collect and use customer information, please refer to the "Customer Information Collected" section above.
Other sources of customer's data collection
If a user invites a friend to join TSARSI, we will request the friend's name and email address. Subsequently, we will send a one-time email to the friend automatically, inviting them to visit our Site.
Engaging Data & Information Collection
Our data analytics tools and capabilities are deployed to gather, store, analyze, and share various types of communications, including audio, video, images, and text-based interactions such as phone calls, video calls, emails, chats, webinars, and meetings. These recordings and associated data may contain Business Information or personal information, including names, titles, and contact details. We may reproduce, analyze, summarize, and disclose these files and recordings, as well as any insights derived from our Services, to our customers and their authorized personnel or team members. Customers may also share this information with their own personnel or others as needed. The use of this information aligns with the practices outlined in the "Customer Information" section above. Additionally, in cases where customers have provided consent, we may collect biometric information from Chorus customers, governed by our Biometric Privacy Notice alongside this Policy.
Data & Information Collected Through Mobile Phone
Through the download and use of our mobile applications, we collect certain information, including device type, operating system, location, platform, device ID, and the date of last use. This information is non-personally identifiable. Additionally, we may collect other details such as the user's name, email, company name, and account information. If a user enables our calendar integration, we may also collect calendar information, including meeting participants, description, subject, and date/time of meetings. This data is collected to offer specific app features, such as meeting briefs with meeting and contact details within the app.
TSARSI offers certain Integrations between CRM, 3rd Parties Platform and web browser extensions. These Integrations allow customer data from any source to be transmitted to TSARSI for matching or cleansing against our database. This process helps improve the accuracy of the customer's data and enhances the content provided through our Services. In such cases, TSARSI may retain and store the Business Information received from these Integrations. This information is used for purposes such as identifying potential contacts, verifying data accuracy, removing outdated information, and enhancing our research processes. Please note that the specific source of the data may not be disclosed, except as required by law. If any customer wishes to opt out of TSARSI's use of such information, they can visit the 'Data Sharing' settings page within the TSARSI Admin Portal and adjust the appropriate controls accordingly.
To offer certain Services, TSARSI may need access to the user's email account and/or calendar, typically through platforms like G-Suite or Office 365. Depending on the specific Services utilized, we may collect various email-related data such as email header information, subjects, bodies, attachments, and calendar meeting details like participants, description, subject, and date/time. The data of working in stated in tailored Contract will be deployed. All data collected ared used for business purposes, such as Sales & Marketing, Performance Analytics, Customer Experience Enhancement, Work Improvement, and so on.
Customers maintain control over the data collected, including which mailboxes are connected, whether message attachments or content are collected, and which emails or domains should be excluded from collection. TSARSI's access to and use of information received from Google Accounts adhere to the Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements. Rest assured, we respect the privacy and data control preferences of our customers.
TSARSI may acquire personal information from third-party sources, including our service providers and strategic partners. This information is used to enhance the existing data we have and improve the accuracy of our records. It serves various purposes as described in this Policy, ensuring the quality and reliability of the information we provide.
THE USE OF DATA / INFORMATION COLLECTED
In addition to the purposes mentioned earlier, TSARSI may use Business Information and/or personal information for the following:
1. Provide, maintain, personalize, enhance and improve the Site
2. Verify, cleanse, update, and maintain Business Information and other provided information
3. Deliver the Services, process transactions, and send related information
4. Send technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support messages
5. Respond to inquiries, questions, and requests for customer support
6. Communicate about products, services, offers, promotions, news, and events
7. Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities on the Site
8. Detect, investigate, and prevent fraud and illegal activities
9. Protect the rights and property of TSARSI and others
11. Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions
12. Consider individuals for employment opportunities and communicate about job applications
13. Respond to requests for access, correction, deletion, and other rights related to personal information
15. Create aggregated, statistical, non-personal, or anonymized data for various purposes
16. Comply with contractual and legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements
17. Fulfill any other purpose specified at the time of information collection
WHEN DATA / INFORMATION IS BEING SHARED
1. When creating or updating a Professional Profile, the provided information, including Business Information, will be included in the Directory and can be viewed by third parties. This enables broader accessibility and visibility of the information within the appropriate context.
2. TSARSI publicly discloses certain limited Business Information from its Professional Profiles in the Public Directory on our Site. The Business Information that may be made available in the Public Directory includes past or current name, company, company headquarters telephone number, office address, job title, and/or education information. The Public Directory is accessible to visitors who visit the relevant webpages on our Site. Please note that this information is publicly available and can be accessed by individuals browsing the Public Directory.
4. TSARSI may disclose Business / Customer Information and other collected information to service providers & integration partners for the sole purpose of supporting the operation of the Site and the provision of Services. For instance:
+ We engage service providers to process credit card payments, and relevant information such as name, billing address, phone number, email address, and credit card details may be shared with them for verification and payment management.
5. TSARSI may disclose collected information, including Business / Customer Information, to a third party if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary or desirable for the following reasons:
(i) to comply with lawful requests, subpoenas, search warrants, or orders by public authorities, including those related to national security or law enforcement;
(ii) to address a violation of the law;
(iii) to protect the rights, property, or safety of TSARSI, its users, or the general public;
(iv) to enable TSARSI to exercise its legal rights or respond to a legal claim; or
(v) to respond to data subject requests for access to data as required by applicable laws.
We will only disclose information to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
WE EMPOWER YOU TO CONTROL YOUR DATA AND WE HIGHLY SECURE YOUR DATA AS WE SECURE OUR BUSINESS
TSARSI provides a self-serve Privacy Center where individuals have control over their information. Through the Privacy Center, individuals can claim their Professional Profiles, update profile information, submit access requests, and exercise their right to opt out of inclusion in our database. This empowers individuals to manage their privacy preferences and have greater control over their personal information.
1. Individuals who wish to access the information collected by TSARSI can click here to submit an access request. Upon receiving the request and verifying the individual's identity, we will provide a report containing the information we have collected about that individual. We are committed to ensuring transparency and facilitating individuals' access to their personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws and regulations.
2. If you would like to completely remove the information you have provided to us, please contact us and we will assist you. Once you make this choice, your Professional information will be promptly removed from our search results. If you are unable to use our Privacy Center or prefer not to, you can submit a request using the contact information provided in the "Contact Us" section below. We are here to address your concerns and assist you with any privacy-related requests.
3. TSARSI provides individuals with the option to "opt out" of having their information used for certain purposes.
If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and promotional communications, you can opt-out by following the instructions provided in each newsletter or communication. Alternatively, you can visit the /unsubscribe page to unsubscribe from future communications. Once we receive your request, we will send you an email confirmation to verify that you have been unsubscribed from our communications. We respect your preferences and strive to ensure that your communication preferences are accurately reflected in our records.
4. At TSARSI, we prioritize the security of information entrusted to us. We adhere to industry-standard security practices to safeguard the information during transmission and storage. However, it is important to note that no method of Internet transmission or electronic storage is completely secure. While we employ commercially acceptable measures to protect the information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We continuously monitor and enhance our security protocols to minimize risks and protect the information to the best of our ability.
(i) Users who reside in the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom (UK), or Switzerland have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters. The supervisory authority is the regulatory body that oversees compliance with data protection laws in their respective jurisdictions. If you have concerns about our collection and processing of your data, we encourage you to contact the relevant supervisory authority.
(ii) To comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we will ensure that any transfers of personal information to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or the United Kingdom (UK) are done in accordance with the appropriate safeguards as outlined in Article 46 of the GDPR. This may include utilizing mechanisms such as the EU or UK Standard Contractual Clauses, which provide a legally binding framework for the transfer of personal data to third countries or international organizations. We take the necessary measures to protect your personal information when it is transferred, stored, or processed outside the EEA or the UK, in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
7. Residents of the European Economic Area (EEA), the United Kingdom (UK), or Switzerland have specific rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). To ensure the protection of your personal information, we may request additional personal information from you to verify your identity before providing access to any records that contain information about you. The rights you are entitled to under the GDPR include:
(i) The right to access: You have the right to request access to your personal information and receive a copy of the information we hold about you.
(ii) The right to rectification: If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to request the correction or completion of that information.
(iii) The right to erasure: You have the right to request the deletion of your personal information under certain circumstances, such as when the information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
(iv) The right to restrict processing: In certain situations, you have the right to request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This means that we will temporarily suspend the processing of your information.
(v) The right to data portability: You have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and to transmit that information to another data controller.
(vi) The right to object: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as for direct marketing purposes.
(vii) The right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
(viii) The right to lodge a complaint: If you believe that we have infringed your data protection rights, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
Please note that these rights are subject to certain limitations and exceptions as provided by applicable data protection laws.
121 Washington Ave N, 4th floor, Minneapolis, MN 55401